Main Forum
Page
of 2

Faction v Faction: Ghostnet Gladiatorials

10 replies
Votes:
+4
LEVEL 1
A lot of players in the server seem to like raiding and griefing as a means of competition with fellow or enemy factions. While this is the standard in the community, and a large activity for any Factions multiplayer server, it's the root of a lot of drama and toxicity.

Rather than factions raiding each other, griefing and inevitably stealing; they should have PvP competitions. Competing faction leaders of notable factions such as CottonFarm, bonobo, BBC and gay; their faction leaders will establish a prize or service that the losing faction must provide to the winning faction. The leaders will each establish a 'Champion', who will represent the faction using similar or differing tools for their duel or team deathmatch at /warp pvp. This will determine which faction is superior in combat as opposed to mindlessly attacking their respective bases and stirring more useless trouble.

The winning faction will take the prize(s) or the use of a losing factions spawners, farm or personal resources predetermined before the actual fight. This will allow competition between friendly and enemy factions, and the prevention of further toxicity within the staff and player base.
Posted Dec 4, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 16, 18 by Oakly
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+39
LEVEL 3
this aint no clash of clans my guy

but i like the idea.
An amendment
-At the end of every season, the faction with the most wins gets a reward. This will differ between each season, and it will be public knowledge of what the prize is for the said season
-I really don't like the idea of the faction losing a percentage of their spawners because larger factions would never want to fight. I think maybe a small cash reward (10-25k) for everyone that was in the fight would be a better idea.
Posted Dec 6, 18
Votes:
+39
LEVEL 3
>>Also the players will not lose gear after death because thats just straight up whack
Posted Dec 6, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
LEVEL 1
"-I really don't like the idea of the faction losing a percentage of
their spawners because larger factions would never want to fight. I
think maybe a small cash reward (10-25k) for everyone that was in the
fight would be a better idea."

I never said the faction would lose their spawners, I said "the use of a losing factions spawners", by which I mean they go to the factions farm and use it. But, I realise this wouldn't make sense as they could just take a screenshot of the coordinates and raid them later.
Posted Dec 6, 18 · OP
Votes:
+4
LEVEL 1
>>Also the players will not lose gear after death because thats just straight up whack

Of course, that should go without saying.
Posted Dec 6, 18 · OP
Votes:
+14
LEVEL 2
@ABushyFox Input?
Posted Dec 9, 18
Votes:
+14
LEVEL 2
We can definitely have a custom plugin made for these events to get it to run automatically like a minigame.
Posted Dec 9, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+16
LEVEL 2
In my opinion I believe this would work well for weekly events but as a long term idea to stop raiding I don't think it will work. Factions is based off the idea of the arms race and I don't think that we should remove the idea of cannons and raiding.
Posted Dec 9, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+39
LEVEL 3
wrote:
In my opinion I believe this would work well for weekly events but as a long term idea to stop raiding I don't think it will work. Factions is based off the idea of the arms race and I don't think that we should remove the idea of cannons and raiding.

yeah anyone who says they are a friendly faction has big gay
Posted Dec 9, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+14
LEVEL 2
Thank you for the suggestion. If possible Maury, could you post this suggestion in #suggestions on the Discord server? Read #bot-help for the steps on suggesting this. It will get assigned to the relevant developer quicker there. :)
Posted Dec 11, 18
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices